Access count of this item: 540

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
s10086-009-1099-0.pdf487.86 kBAdobe PDFView/Open
Title: Two-step hydrolysis of Japanese cedar as treated by semi-flow hot-compressed water
Authors: Phaiboonsilpa, Natthanon
Yamauchi, Kazuchika
Lu, Xin
Saka, Shiro  kyouindb  KAKEN_id
Author's alias: 坂, 志朗
Keywords: Japanese cedar
Hot-compressed water
Hemicellulose
Cellulose
Lignin
Issue Date: Aug-2010
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Journal title: Journal of Wood Science
Volume: 56
Issue: 4
Start page: 331
End page: 338
Abstract: Two-step hydrolysis of Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica) was studied as treated by semi-flow hot-compressed water at 230°C/10 MPa for 15 min and 280°C/10 MPa for 30 min as the first and second stages, respectively. At the first stage, hemicelluloses and para-crystalline cellulose, whose crystalline structure is somewhat disordered, were found to be selectively hydrolyzed, as well as lignin decomposition, whereas crystalline cellulose occurred at the second stage. In all, 87.76% of Japanese cedar could be liquefied by hot-compressed water and was primarily recovered as various hydrolyzed products, dehydrated, fragmented, and isomerized compounds as well as organic acids in the water-soluble portion. The remainder, 12.24%, could not be hydrolyzed and remained as the water-insoluble residue composed entirely of lignin. Based on the distribution of various products from hemicelluloses in Japanese cedar, their decomposition pathways were proposed as independent.
Rights: The original publication is available at www.springerlink.com
This is not the published version. Please cite only the published version. この論文は出版社版でありません。引用の際には出版社版をご確認ご利用ください。
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/2433/128911
DOI(Published Version): 10.1007/s10086-009-1099-0
Appears in Collections:Journal Articles

Show full item record

Export to RefWorks


Export Format: 


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.